Location: Central London
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 (plus bonus)
Hours: 37.5 per week
Starts: October 2018 (negotiable)
Applications Close: 12 noon on Tuesday 28th August
About Impact Box
Impact Box’s mission is to transform how the social sector uses technology to drive social impact. We want to bring about a sector that is more impactful, efficient and data-driven. We work towards this by partnering with charities and social enterprises to provide outstanding software solutions that address the day-to-day challenges they face. Using our knowledge and experience of the sector we are able to design solutions that help organisations deliver on their mission.
Our work covers both one-off projects and ongoing support arrangements. Since launching in early 2016 we’ve worked with over 30 organisations working in areas including education, health, development and homelessness.
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join our team as a Developer. The Developer will play a critical role in creating innovative software for our clients that solves real-world problems.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the work we do, would thrive in the fast-paced environment of a small start-up and is excited by the prospect of being instrumental in creating cutting-edge software for charities and social enterprises.
As an organisation we are looking to grow significantly over the next 3 years. That will include exploring product-development in addition to one-off project delivery. This means that the successful candidate will be working on interesting and varied software projects from the start, as well as having significant influence on the technical direction of the organisation. As such we this role will offer a significant level of autonomy and opportunities for progression.
What you get
We think we have a compelling offer for the successful candidate, including:
- The opportunity to work with a diverse range of social purpose organisations and put your technical skills to good use
- The chance to contribute to the development of a dynamic and growing start-up
- Numerous development opportunities as well as clear career progression
- Annual salary review and bonus package (between 0% and 6% of salary depending on organisational performance)
- Understanding client requirements and designing appropriate solutions
- Developing software for client charities as part of project delivery and product development
- Writing unit tests
- Contributing to our internal code conventions and standards
- Configuring continuous integration and version control tools
- Providing code review for other members of the team
- Supporting colleagues responsible for implementing declarative solutions (i.e. non-code) with deployment and version control
You need to have:
- Solid experience of object-oriented programming (preferably with some knowledge of Java or similar)
- Experience of version control using Git
- A willingness to develop a deep understanding of the Salesforce Platform and associated best practices
- Experience of developing software in a way that is responsive to end-user requirements
- A commitment to developing technology that is used for social good
- The ability to work well with others and to project deadlines
- A commitment to feedback and learning
Whilst not essential, we would also be keen to know if you:
- Have experience of developing software on the Salesforce platform, including with Apex or the Lightning Component Framework
- Have experience developing web services using REST or similar
- Have experience of working on a consultancy basis
- Have worked for a charity or social enterprise